Hendricks Churchill is a multidisciplinary design firm representing the powerful alliance of architecture and interior design. This is a fundamentally collaborative enterprise: between two studios, between the principals and their skilled teams, between the firm and its clients. Every project is a journey of transformation defined by a shared desire to create spaces imbued with beauty, comfort, and individual character. Currently, we are seeking a qualified Junior Designer for our Connecticut office.
- Work closely with founders and project architects to assist with all phases of a project. Including but not limited to the production of Concept, Schematic, & Design Development drawings, sketches, 3D modeling, and presentations.
- Assist in the sourcing and selection of materials, accessories, lighting, plumbing, and other materials.
- Record and measure existing conditions to produce as-built documentation.
- Collaborate with project consultants to meet project objectives.
- Assist in answering and reviewing shop drawings, RFI’s, and submittals.
- Assist in general office initiatives and contribute to the office culture.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Fluency in AutoCAD (knowledge of SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional degree in architecture
- 3-5 years work experience (high-end residential work is a plus)
- Drivers license
- An interest in traditional and regional architecture
For consideration, applicants should submit the following to email@example.com
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the position
- A current resume including references
- A portfolio of work samples
We offer a collegial work environment and opportunities for advancement. Salary is commensurate with experience. Located in Litchfield County, CT, our employees enjoy a myriad of cultural and outdoor recreational activities the region provides. Grand Central is 2.5 hours away by train.